Sunday, July 15, 2012

Post-Vacation Blues and Pinteresting Finds

Yep, I have PVB.  It’s hard to come home to reality after being on vacation. 

House

Baylee 2

IMG_4147

IMG_4155

IMG_4138

232323232-fp43893-nu=3259-;68-9-6-WSNRCG=36;3698-69327nu0mrj

However, I am glad to return to a normal routine and normal eating. 

Even though we do try to eat some healthy meals on vacation, there is always a considerable amount of junk.  On the way home yesterday, I was on Pinterest (a.k.a. Major Time Sucker) and these tomatoes were looking all kinds of delish.  I thought I would make them for lunch today. 

IMG_4177

I didn’t have any fresh oregano, so I subbed fresh basil which worked great.  I cut the recipe in half since I was just making them for me. 

IMG_4175

IMG_4179 

These tomatoes were delicious.  I am not sure what I was expecting, but I loved these a lot more than I thought I would.  It was like biting into a fresh and delicious Italian dish but without all the pasta.  I added some tuna salad on the side for a filling lunch.

IMG_4185

If you’re looking for an easy and quick vegetable side dish, give these a try.  Here is the recipe.  Plus, with tomatoes being in season, it’s a very economical dish, too!

Also found on Pinterest recently:

Reader Question: What’s the best thing you have found on Pinterest lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! It makes me so happy when I see messages from readers!